Normally, I am only a so-so fan of peaches, but when they're lightly grilled, with sea salt, and creamy burrata, all of a sudden, I get interested! My friend makes this dish for summer pot-lucks and it's always a winner. You can leave out the prosciutto for a more vegetarian friendly dish.
- 2 medium peaches, halved and and pitted
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling peaches
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- ¾ tsp flake sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 5 oz mixed baby greens
- ½ c summer herbs, torn (such as mint, basil, and parsley), plus more for garnish
- 8 oz burrata
- 4 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
4.8Preheat an outdoor grill to medium high heat. Lightly brush peaches with olive oil. Place peaches, cut-side down on grill. Grill until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, shallot, honey and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in ¼ c olive oil to thicken vinaigrette.
In a large bowl, add greens and herbs and toss together with ¼ c vinaigrette. To serve, place salad greens on plate, place burrata on each plate, top with grilled peaches and prosciutto if using.Drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with remaining ¼ teaspoon sea salt and herbs. Serve immediately.
Are You Living an On-Purpose life or just a life?
Discover the power of journaling with La Belle Vie's Purpose Journal: A Journaling Toolkit for Finding and Fearlessly Living an On-Purpose Life