Orange Cranberry Scones
Baking time: 18-22 minutes
Yields: 12 scones
Scones 2 c. all-purpose flour + ¼ c. for work surface
3 t. baking powder
½ c. granulated sugar
¼ t. salt
½ c. cold unsalted butter
½ c. heavy cream
¼ c. sour cream
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla extract
¼ t. orange extract
1 t. orange zest
1 c. craisins
2/3 c. powdered sugar
1-2 T. fresh orange juice
Discover Fan Favorite Fiction
Book 7 - Truly Yours
Book 6 - All That I Want
Book 5 - With You
Books 1-4 - Binge Readers Deal!
1. Line a large, rimmed baking parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Mix two cups flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with fork until butter is in pea-sized pieces.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the heavy cream, sour cream, egg, vanilla extract, orange extract, and orange zest. Whisk to combine.
4. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Add in the craisins and stir until just mixed.
5. Sprinkle ¼ cup of flour onto a clean work surface. Transfer scone batter onto floured surface and lightly knead into a ball. Press the dough down into a ½” high rectangle (approximately 6” x 10”). Cut in half lengthwise, and then each half into 3 rectangles. Then, cut each rectangle diagonally to create triangle-shaped pieces.
6. Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet, leaving 1-2” between them. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking.
7. Pre-heat oven to 400°F, then add the baking sheet to oven when ready. Bake the scones for 18-22 minutes, or until they are nicely golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes.
8. While the scones are cooling, prepare the orange glaze by stirring the powdered sugar and orange juice together in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
9. Serve the scones warm drizzled with some of the orange glaze on top. Enjoy!